FEV Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Advance Manufacturing Engineer
FEV is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer capable of developing process layouts for fabricating and assembling various types of powertrain components found in the transportation and alternative energy industry sectors. As part of the layout development process, the responsible engineer would be required to assess the "value" of various layout options in terms of facility and equipment specifications, investment requirements, processing speeds, manning alternatives and growth flexibility.
- Developing innovative process layouts for fabricating and assembling powertrain components using engineering drawings, specifications and/or hardware.
- Establishing primary and ancillary equipment and fixturing requirements (e.g. equipment names, models, costs), equipment operation specifications (e.g. utility usage, cutting speeds, weld times, press stroke rates, maintenance intervals, part transfer times, etc.) and facility requirements (e.g. required floor space, utility service requirements, foundation preparation, etc.) based on developed layouts.
- Supporting the development of manufacturing overhead rates for identified operations and processes using existing manufacturing overhead rate calculator templates.
Supporting the development of parameterized process models. Key component attributes (mass, perimeter, projected area, thickness, specific heat capacity, density, etc.) are entered into process parameter model templates generating key process outputs - mainly material usage and processing/cycle times for given operations and processes. Qualifications:
Experience as a manufacturing/process engineer working in the automotive and/or alternative energy sector.
- Hands-on experience in developing, constructing and/or maintaining mass production assembly lines.
- An understanding of equipment set-up times associated with the various fabrication and assembly operations
- Understanding of typical fabrication and equipment operation times and limitations (e.g. processing speeds, part tolerance limitations, in-process check requirements, equipment flexibility requirements)
- Following areas of concentration are highly desirable:
- Machining experience in prismatic and cylindrical parts (Engine Block, Heads, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods, Pistons, Transmission Cases, etc.)
- Gear manufacturing experience (Automotive and off-road type transmission gearboxes)
- Heat treatment expertise in ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- General costing of powertrain components and assemblies
- Minimum 10 years related experience
- B.S in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent ) desirable but not required The FEV Group is an internationally recognized powertrain and vehicle engineering company that supports the global transportation industry. FEV offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards.
The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, E-Mobility, and Smart Vehicle (infotainment, telematics, ADAS, and Autonomous Driving) engineering. The FEV Testing Solutions division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 4,700 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV North America, Inc. employs over 450 personnel in its North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com
Ref No.: 18-00129
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan