ZF Application Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
What will you gain working at ZF WABCO
Work in a dynamic and international environment
Acquiring knowledge and practical skills through participation in various projects
The ability to manage your career at WABCO structures, the prospect of vertical or horizontal promotion in both regional and global functions
Competitive compensation & benefits package
Responsibilities and Requirements of the role:
• Requirements elicitation and specification mapping
• Collect technical customer requirements, specifications and associated documents
• Compare customer requirements and specifications with WABCO specifications, identify mapping specifications and deviations
• Provide proposal for WABCO product matching customer requirements, resolve deviations in consultation with product group engineer and customer, accomplish acceptance of deviations
• Create change request for non-acceptable deviations including breakdown of customer requirements
• Product layout and configuration
• Select / design / calculate product layout for customer application
• Consolidate / prepare product documentation (Drawings, schematics, plumbing/wiring diagrams, DMU’s, specifications, bill of material etc.)
• Configure product according to customer needs (e.g. parameter setting)
• Application validation and release
• Check component installation and system environment in the vehicle
• Start up system in the vehicle, run through initialization procedure
• Check system functions in the vehicle
• Adapt parameter setting where required
• Homologate or support customer to homologate according to national and international regulations as appropriate
• Carry out tests on special customer demand (e.g. system performance demonstration)
• Provide test report
• Train and instruct customer on product features, end-of-line process and requirements etc.
• Get technical approval of application from the customer
• Provide technical release of application
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Product Engineering in the automotive industry, preferably in vehicle function development or vehicle testing
• Degree in Engineering
• Good overview on WABCO products, specific knowledge about products and system functions of a particular product family
ZF, which acquired WABCO Holdings Inc. on May 29, 2020, now has 162,000 employees worldwide with approximately 260 locations in 41 countries. In 2019, the two then-independent companies achieved sales of €36.5 billion (ZF) and $3.4 billion (WABCO).
With the integration of WABCO, the leading global supplier of braking control systems and other advanced technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles ZF will create a new level of capability to pioneer the next generation of solutions and services for original equipment manufacturers and fleets globally. WABCO, with almost 12,000 people in 40 locations worldwide, will now operate under the ZF brand as its new Commercial Vehicle Control Systems division.
Find out about your future.
Work at the forefront of automotive innovation with ZF, one of the world's leading automotive suppliers.
Please read the Data Privacy Statement about the WABCO E-Recruiting System (http://www.wabco-auto.com/Legal-pages/hr-data-privacy-statement) .
Please read the Data Privacy Statement regarding WABCO Executive Recruitment (http://www.wabco-auto.com/Legal-pages/executives-privacy-statement) .
DIVERSITY COMMITMENT: To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company. Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
- ZF Jobs