Continental Corporation CES Principal Staff Electrical - Power Electronics Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
CES Principal Staff Electrical - Power Electronics Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Principal Staff Power Electronics Engineer
• Develop automotive electronics for high voltage and high frequency systems
• Design of digital/analog electronic controllers
• Design simulation of power electronics
• Use of design tools for schematic capture, circuit simulation, and worst case analysis.
• Interact on a technical level within the design team and external customers.
• Provide manufacturing support.
• Translate customer requirements into innovative and cost effective design solutions.
• Manage tasks to meet project milestones.
• Execute tasks according to corporate and business unit processes.
• Support DV, PV, EMC and DFMEA activities.
• Work in a global team environment to support business unit goals and objectives.
• Power Electronics Design
• Digital / Analog Electronics Design
• HEV or equivalent High Voltage design experience
• ECAD experience (Zuken, PSpice, MathCad etc.)
• FPGA experience
• Self starter
• B. S. in Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline
• 7+ years of experience in automotive electronics design
• Extensive experience with power electronics innovations, development, and release to production
• 2+ years as a grade 11 Lead Staff Engineer + 2 years as other SG 11 Engineer (Sr. Staff, TPL, Supervisor)
• Must meet at least 3 of the following; in addition to years of relevant experience:
• L2, L3, L4 Global Expert Designation
• Recognized External Certification(s)
• Relevant Technical Engineering Master’s Degree (MSEE, MSME, etc.) or PHD
• Relevant Patent(s) earned or pending invention disclosures
• Authored recent external research publications
• 10+ years of practical experience in Power Electronics and Digital / Analog hardware design
• Creative experience indicated by generating patents, and/or publications in the power electronics field.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. Continental Engineering Services (CES) is a subsidiary of Continental AG. With more than 1,500 engineers and specialists, we design and manufacture complex high technology mechatronic products and systems for small series and niche applications at 15 locations around the world. Depending on our customer needs, we can either develop bespoke products from initial concepts, or we have the unique opportunity to access and modify the proven large-scale production technology of Continental AG for individual solutions. Manufacturers of sports cars and special-purpose vehicles as well as a variety of industrial customers are among those who benefit from our services. We work in the areas of Chassis & Safety Control, Interior Electronic Functions, Vehicle Electrification, and Engine & Transmission Management. Are you ready for an exciting future? Apply now!
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.