G-TECH Services, Inc. Chassis Supplier Quality Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Advance/Current Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Advance Supplier Quality functions. The Engineer will provide launch support by providing on-site support at suppliers' facilities to ensure launch readiness as required leading up to and including program launch.
· Provide on-site support at Assembly plants as required.
Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and
Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are
Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component
suppliers to resolve component issues.
Ensure component suppliers' processes are robust and capable.
Lead problem solving activities within internal and external
organizations. Manage key component quality milestones.
Develop and present program status updates and articulate open
issues to senior leadership.
Travel will be required to supplier and other locations in the
U.S. and Canada (approximately 40%).
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university with 2-5 years work experience in Quality, Engineering, Production, or Manufacturing.
· The commodity that the resource will support will be shocks and air suspension AND/OR hoses, tubes, lines and fasteners.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software.
· Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation.
· Comfortable with complex technical analysis.
· May be required to drive a company car.
· Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel internationally 10% to Canada.
· Will be required to travel domestically 20-40%
· Preferred Qualifications: Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality certification Master's degree
Req ID JN -012021-115108