Aerotek Design Follow-Up Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Design Follow-up Engineer is responsible for the coordination of all internal and external mechanical design activities.
This person is responsible for working and managing the tooling suppliers . This person will ensure they design the tool correctly and build the tool correctly. A lot of the tools they work with are lift assist tools (pneumatic tools, articulating arms, IP carriers, torque tools) since this all falls under General Assembly.
This is a more hands-on position as they need to make sure the tools all work and integrate together correctly.
• Works closely with Manufacturing, Controls Engineering and Project Management to follow a project from its inception to the final customer acceptance and sign-off, provides follow up and support after this point
• Reviews and releases final engineering drawings to the manufacturing department
• Develop & maintain good relationships with customers & suppliers
• Leads, organizes and participates in design review meetings for internal, as well as outsourced, designs
• Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the approved customer specification; interprets engineering drawings and specifications to develop and provide equipment installation instructions which are compliant with site installation requirements
• Gather required project information from Customers & Suppliers to create specifications
• Develops equipment specifications for the internal mechanical design and/or build by outside vendors; ensures the selected suppliers follow Esys processes and meet project quality and delivery expectations, as well as maintaining the appropriate budget
• Document information, decisions, changes related to mechanical design, etc. from Customers & Suppliers
• Complete project related purchase requests for design work and provide to purchasing
• Travel to Supplier and Customer sites when required
• Provides project specific direction to design suppliers
• Perform design and build buy-offs & quality checks
• Reviews all mechanical engineering drawings prior to final release, ensuring compliance for customer buyoff
Top Skills Details:
3 years of Manufacturing/Build Shop experience
3 years of experience with MS Project & Excel
3 years of experience being detail oriented & accurate
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1+ years of experience working in a manufacturing/tool build/build shop type of environment
• Previous experience working or knowledge of assembly tooling
• Experience or knowledge of CAD/Tooling Design
• Detail Oriented & Accurate
• Previous experience asking questions and give customer feedback as well
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience working on GM Programs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs