G-TECH Services, Inc. Electrical Supplier Quality Engineer - JAF105 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Advance Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Advance and Current Supplier Quality functions.
· The Engineer will provide launch support by providing on-site support at suppliers' facilities to ensure launch readiness as required leading up to and including program launch.
· Provide on-site support at Assembly plants as required.
· Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected.
· Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve component issues.
· Ensure component suppliers' processes are robust and capable.
· Lead problem solving activities within internal and external organizations.
· Manage key component quality milestones.
· Develop and present program status updates and articulate open issues to senior leadership.
· Travel will be required to supplier and other locations in the U.S. and Canada (approximately 40%).
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical (Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Biomedical/Biomechanical/Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering may be considered) from an ABET accredited program or equivalent program.
· 5 years or more of work experience in automotive engineering, manufacturing, or supplier operations.
· Candidates must have some proven vehicle electronics hardware and or software background. Such as previous experience in automotive product design release, resident engineering, or component manufacturing processes.
· Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team, with experienced abilities in directing and leading meetings.
· Ability to manage multiple supplier concerns simultaneously.
· Knowledgeable in APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, and structured problem solving techniques
· Experienced in using Excel and Google Sheets.
· Ability to travel within the USA, Canada, and Mexico region 20-40% and possible use of a company vehicle.
Category Electrical Engineering
Req ID JN -092020-114704