Continental EMC Validation Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
EMC Validation Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
• Provide guidance and oversight to the product teams, for the design and construction of product peripheral support equipment for EMC and Electrical testing.
• Document and maintain guidelines of requirements, lessons learned, and best practices, for continuous improvement.
• Review product monitoring concept to ensure feasibility, efficiency, and quality.
• Maintain a database of project specific EMC/Electrical support equipment.
• Ensure product EMC/Electrical support equipment has been properly burned in and verified to meet the loading and monitoring requirements as defined in the test plan.
• Coordinate logistics for the delivery of product EMC/Electrical support equipment.
• Conduct a physical review product EMC/Electrical support to verify it has been constructed in accordance with guidelines and requirements.
• Ensure EMC laboratory staff are trained in the use of the product support equipment and monitoring requirements.
• Supports cross-functional, cross-organizational initiatives to develop standards reflecting internal and external customer requirements as well as changing industry standards
• Collaborates globally to ensure maximum reuse of process and procedures within the VT Labs Test Engineering organization
• Adheres to all company quality procedures and work instructions as they apply to job function
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
• ElectroMagnetic Campatibility (EMC) Testing experience.
• Must have good oral and written communications skills.
• Proficient multitasking between multiple complex projects.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office software applications (Word & Excel).
• Product experience in automotive testing and/or test equipment.
• Knowledge of EMC design concepts.
• Experience in the area of test equipment specification, development and support
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.