FEV Functional Safety Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Functional Safety Engineer
The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible for safety development for complex systems across a wide variety of industries. The lead safety engineer will work with cross-functional teams to design and develop products in compliance with ISO 26262 and similar industry safety standards. In addition, the responsibilities of the Functional Safety Lead Engineer will be to successfully demonstrate FEV's excellent reputation while working directly with customers on their projects. This will also involve writing, reviewing, and submitting proposals in support of these efforts and working to continue the growth of the FEV business related to safety development.
- Experienced in safety development of complex vehicle electrical systems
- Must have experience in the functional safety development process according to ISO 26262
- Experienced in planning and conducting safety related audits and assessments
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting and assessing complex vehicle systems and architectures in regards to safety is required
- The ability to interpret Matlab/Simulink models and C/C++ is preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and VDA industry standards is preferred as well as related safety standards such as IEC 61508, etc.
- Skilled in leading and contributing to DFMEA, FTA, DFMEDA and similar practices
- Application areas include but are not limited to vehicle systems, torque security, high-voltage safety, and cyber security
- Strong vehicle electronic systems knowledge
- Professional communication skills to be able to present and interact with clients
- Organized project management skills
BSEE/BSME is required; MSEE/MSME is a plus
- 1 years of experience related to this position is required; 3 years of experience is a plus.
- ISO 26262 certification desired
- Effective project management, organizational, and teamwork skills are required
- Knowledge and ability to utilize tools related to safety development is required (e.g. FMEA, FTA, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highly motivated individuals with effective organizational skills and team working abilities are required
The FEV Group is an internationally recognized powertrain and vehicle engineering company that supports the global transportation industry. FEV offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards.
The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, E-Mobility, and Smart Vehicle (infotainment, telematics, ADAS, and Autonomous Driving) engineering. The FEV Testing Solutions division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 5,500 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV North America, Inc. employs over 450 personnel in its North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com
Ref No.: 18-00124
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan