Continental Corporation Intern - Engineering, Passive Safety Algorithm in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Intern - Engineering, Passive Safety Algorithm
Auburn Hills, MI
An Algorithm Intern is needed to assist with testing and data collection for a special customer Advanced Technology Work project The intern will have direct interaction with algorithm engineers in Auburn Hills, MI. The intern will assist engineers with the vehicle test set up, attachment of sensors, operation of data acquisition equipment, conducting of tests, data processing, data analysis, and test report creation. The ideal candidate is one who is pursuing a BS or MS degree in Engineering or Physics or Computer Science with an expected graduation in spring, summer, or Fall 2019.
• Sensor data acquisition, data processing, data analysis, generation of test reports, and archiving of test data
• Support testing at Continental Auburn Hills, and at the Customer test center in Milford
• Work with data from various electronic sensors including accelerometers, pressure sensors, and microphone based sensors.
• Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Junior or Senior student seeking BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
• Knowledge of programming (able to read and understand SW code, able to create scripts for automating repeated steps)
• Proficient with MS Office tools
• Fluent in English
• Good communication and good interpersonal skills
• Able to work 20 hours per week (Can work more if course schedule allows; up to 40 hours per week)
• Must be available to work not only during summer
• Expected graduation in 2019 with BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
• Some previous internship experience, preferably in the automotive industry
• Proficient with version control tools and methods
• Knowledge of electronic sensing devices such as accelerometers, pressure sensors, and microphone based sensors
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.