FEV Mechatronics Technician Apprentice in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Mechatronics Technician Apprentice
FEV North America, Inc is a global engineering services leader providing full vehicle support to the automotive community as well as the heavy-duty and commercial engine industry. If you are interested in joining a team of experienced engineers creating advanced engines to address future fuel economy and emissions requirements, FEV is where you want to be.
- Mechatronics technicians combine electrical, mechanical, and electronic competencies to identify, analyze and solve systems-based problems.
- A mechatronics technician is a skilled individual who combines these competencies to solve systematic problems.
- At the same time, he/she uses a holistic approach to provide basic solutions.
- A mechatronics technician must be able to support engineers, modify machines, make minor changes and repair, test and maintain related equipment.
- Support instrumentation, setup/debug of components and vehicles
- Disassemble engines, transmissions, driveline components, and other vehicle systems
- Generate detailed manufacturing Bill of Material representing the disassembly of the hardware
- Support construction and unification of BOMs used during teardowns
- Naming convention, measurements, material analysis, etc.
- Take detailed, informative and consistent photographs of parts during and after disassembly
- Upkeep photo area(s), camera equipment, editing software, etc.
- Build and photograph exploded views of disassembled assemblies and modules during teardowns
- Measure and record necessarily component attribute data on components and assemblies supporting the design, manufacturing, value engineering, and cost studies
- Keep shop area clean and presentable for customer events
- Develop standards manuals for teardowns, photographing, parts measurements, etc.
- Repair and maintain teardown tools and equipment
- Research and recommend benchmarking hardware and software (e.g. 3D scanning equipment, material analysis equipment, etc.)
- Maintain and track customer hardware and disposal of hardware FEV North America, Inc offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle/powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Test Systems division is a global supplier of the advanced test cell, instrumentation, and test equipment; energy technology and conventional, electric and alternative vehicle drive systems. We are also a major supplier of advanced testing and instrumentation products and services for some of the world's largest powertrain OEMs. FEV is focused on meeting our customers' requirements for rapid development schedules, high-quality standards, and reduced costs. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 5,500 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV, Inc. employs approximately 450 personnel at FEV's North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com
Ref No.: 18-00141
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan