G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Design Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Responsible for design, development, and release of all engine components required for integration of the powertrain into the vehicle. Responsibilities would include Engine Aesthetic Cover(s), engine noise mitigation package, impact bracketry/safety shields, dust shields, engine to transmission fasteners, transmission vent hoses, as well as any related bracketry or hardware. The engineer will work closely with the design team, Advanced Concepts Engineering (ACE), NVH engineering, Product Design Office, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Program Management, and suppliers to ensure all designs are robust against functional specifications. The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R). Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities. The engineer will be responsible to resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary. Participate in the team and subgroups in reviewing and updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises and reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs .The scope of responsibility includes:
Managing under hood packaging of all General Adaptation components. Creation of comprehensive engine noise mitigation package to
meet vehicle level noise, vibration, and harness targets. Sourcing of component suppliers for both prototype and production engine builds.
Product design and development from concept to launch, including release of both 3D models and 2D drawings.
Production issue analysis, root cause investigation, and countermeasure release including presenting of data & conclusions to upper
management and project stakeholders. Building and maintenance of critical quality documentation (Function Block Diagram, DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.).
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
· Minimum 1 years engineering experience in engineering design & release.
· Experience in creation and maintenance of Function Models, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
· Basic knowledge of gasoline engine operation.
· Basic knowledge of casting, injection molding, machining, and extrusion processes.
· Working knowledge of using Microsoft office suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as an ability to work in a team environment.
· Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to manage multiple complex projects.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish tasks under minimal supervision.
· Experience in design or validation of Engine Aesthetic Cover(s), cast NVH foam components, impact bracketry/safety shields, dust shields, transmission vent hoses,MBA or Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
· Green Belt in Design for Six Sigma methodology.
· Basic working knowledge of NX & Team Center modeling software.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -122020-115079