G-TECH Services, Inc. Product Engineer - Interior in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Product Engineer – Interior will lead the Design, Development, and Release of new features and accessories for our organization vehicle customers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Responsible for creating upfit and aftermarket products for all organization vehicle brands and models.
· Work with brand planning and strategy teams on new feature ideas,
· Be a part of the initial design and feasibility studies with Interior Product teams, Vehicle Integration, and Product Design Office.
· Coordinates with suppliers to source, develop and validate the product, and develop installation procedures for dealers and customers.
· Responsible for the following products: All Weather Mats, Custom Seat Covers, Cargo Storage Solutions, and Special Model Badging.
· The Product Engineer – Interior is a key component of the next generation of vehicle accessories.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited University is required.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Body-in-white, Interior Systems, Electrical Engineering,
· Experience using CAD systems (NX or Catia V5) with the ability to position and manipulate models, as well as cut sections, dimension, & conceptualize designs 6 months of automotive experience in one or more of the following areas: Interior Systems, AVE, Body-in-white.
· Broad vehicle knowledge VPM, CoDept, TeamCenter knowledge.
· Ability to integrate stakeholder requirements into final vehicle design.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management.
· Excellent relationship building skills with ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
· Ability to productively manage change.
· Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
· Will be required to drive a company vehicle. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (0-20%)
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112019-113196