Continental Corporation Senior Systems Engineer (Mechatronic Systems) in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Senior Systems Engineer (Mechatronic Systems)
Auburn Hills, MI
The Systems Engineer (Mechatronic Systems) is a key member of a multidisciplinary team involved in the design and development of stateoftheart bywire electronic braking systems (EBS) for vehicle dynamics control. This includes a variety of activities which are integral toward ensuring our safetycritical EBS systems are developed according to industry best practices and leadingedge methodologies.
Mechatronics Systems Engineer is responsible for developing / configuring / adapting / maintaining mechatronic system components.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams and communicate and coordinate with worldwide counterparts.
- Develop, configure, adapt, maintain mechatronic system components for ByWire and other advanced Electronic Brake Systems like autonomous brake systems, including internal and customer requirements and test specifications.
- Support bench tests for initial operation and further.
- Provide component architecture according to internal processes / industry standards.
- Collaborate closely with base development departments at technical headquarters in Germany.
- Coordinate scheduling of assigned work products with team to meet project milestones.
- Coordinate mechatronics software level activities related to product quality gate reviews.
- Investigate problems and formulate corresponding solutions.
Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering, technical computer science, mechatronics or in a related technical discipline.
2+ years of automotive engineering experience.
- Strong experience in embedded software development with teams, preferably in automotive area.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong interest to work in the automotive industry.
- Able to travel for offsite development, testing, training and to support customer meetings.
- Masters Degree in electrical engineering, technical computer science, mechatronics or in a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of automotive engineering experience.
- Experience in development of Brushless Motor Control.
- Experience in working with Rhapsody or any architecture tool.
- Knowledge/experience working with ISO 26262.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Engineering, Research and Development
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.