Cosma International Senior Systems Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI.
Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The Systems Engineer understands the needs of the automotive customers and translates them into actionable requirements for the functional disciplines – e.g. electrical, mechanical, software etc. and validates that the end product meets with the customer expected.
- Work with customer at program initiation to analyze the customer requirements and to enter them into the Magna application life cycle (ALM) tool.
- Develop the system requirements based upon and traced to the customer requirements for mechanical, electrical and software disciplines
- Utilize the system architecture provided by the core team to verify that the system requirements are satisfied by the system architecture
- Understand and document customer requirements using ALM tools. Manager and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations.
- Document system architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way that electrical, mechanical and software engineers know exactly what they have to do in order to meet customer expectations.
- Create and maintain project documentation
- System requirements specification
- System architecture definition tailored to the specific project
- System test plan
- Other documents, as needed
- Lead cross functional requirements reviews
- Develop with the support of the customer the system level DFMEA for the product.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and software teams to develop interface requirements including EOL and module programming requirements
- Support creation of:
- Detailed discipline specific design description
- Mechanical/Electrical and hardware/software interface specifications
- 8D reports
- Timing Plans Other documents, as needed
- Perform systems testing of products on bench and in vehicles making sure the product functions and performs as the customer expects per requirements.
- Actively pursue cost saving ideas
- Be aware of innovative solutions and propose patent applications.
- Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong systems engineering technical competency.
- Work assignments primarily involve senior/advanced level work and may mentor other systems engineers
- Lead the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all systems engineering related activities for various projects.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 4-8 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular