Cosma International Sr. Systems Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI.
Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for leading a cross-functional development team to successfully develop automotive electronics achieving project and company mandated targets.
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively leading the product or core development teams on assigned projects.
- Work with managers and senior managers to identify and resolve issues quickly within the team project organization. Manage escalation paths appropriately. Escalate where necessary for communication of issues, requests for assistance, and unexpected situations.
- Manage engineering risks. Report status, direct the functional team to prepare contingency and mitigation plans and execute corrective actions. Manage escalation paths appropriately. Escalate where necessary for communication of issues, requests for assistance (resource, organizational, or technical) and unexpected situations.
- Review engineering work products.
- Direct effort estimates and high level block timing per internal and external milestones, expected work products, and product deliveries for engineering changes
- Drives the discovery and development of necessary Engineering Development (ED) activities.
- Responsible to evaluate DV and PV readiness.
- Monitors and if required creates issues and defects.
- Leads or ensures appropriate functional discipline leads problem solving activities and if needed presents findings (8Ds) to customers.
- Ensures timely resolution of problem solving activities.
- Drive Value Engineering (VE) activities prior to DV design freeze. Participate in Value Analysis (VA) activities in an effort to drive costs out of products as necessary after SOP.
- Support customer presentations and act as the primary technical interface to customers on technical topics.
- Lead and prioritize activities of the technical project team.
- Leads the technical team in ensuring engineering targets (quality, delivery timing, performance, product BOM Costs, etc.) for product deliverables are met.
- Responsible for communicating status and timely delivery of all project related work products needed by our manufacturing team. Specifically, ensure design for manufacturability, smooth transition into manufacturing (especially for new designs), and testing of the product.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts, researches, recommends and initiates implementation of enhancements to products and processes.
- Reviews and approves decisions made by the technical project team
- Able to operate with limited management direction on a day to day basis
- Dotted line tactical leadership of the project teams providing critical employee developmental and performance feedback to the administrative managers.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (EE, SW, CS, ME) - Master’s degree is a plus
Project management training is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ deep and relevant experience regarding the responsibility / activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory).
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in a technical leadership role. Leading a global team is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful launches of automotive products.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package
Comprehensive knowledge of analysis and engineering tools (i.e. requirement, change and configuration management tools, document control and archiving tools, modelling and analysis tools, etc.)
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular