FEV Systems Engineer– Requirements Development in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Systems Engineer – Requirements Development
At FEV, we work with technology new to the automotive industry and for future mobility solutions and help set the direction for companies when innovating new products and services. We have a strong emphasis on systems, software, hardware, and services that will help create the experiences and features of the future both inside the vehicle and in the cloud and on apps.
We are looking for a systems engineer to help develop requirements for advanced powertrain applications. This role will be deeply involved with enabling innovative new development and processes in the approach and execution of highly technical systems and components for our customers. The ideal candidate brings experience and creativity to find efficient and effective solutions to the challenges that we face.
- Support requirements elicitation, management, development, and analysis while moving from OEM documentation to the development of internal requirements documents used by HW and SW teams
- Use of DOORS and DOORS Next Generation for the development and administration of requirements including traceability, analysis, and change management
- Ability to write high-level requirements based on lower-level sub-function algorithms and behaviors
- Ability to adopt customer standards and comply with Systems Engineering best practices
- Ability to operate within an agile process to successfully meet customer milestones Job Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree (Master's degree preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- 1+ year of requirements development/systems engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Extensive hands-on experience with systems/hardware/software/product development
- Understanding of conventional powertrain, EV/hybrid, and ADAS/AD technologies and systems
- Extensive hands-on experience with IBM ALM Tool Suite/DOORS/RTC
- Ability to handle tasks with significant complexity under minimal supervision requiring a high degree of technical competence, precision, and attention to detail
- Experience with many different Systems Engineering tasks such as requirements development, requirements analysis, test case development, architecture and system definition
- Ability to interact dynamically with cross-functional global teams to perform systems engineering tasks as assigned
- Ability to suggest or recommend streamlined approaches to perform activities related to systems engineering
- Experience in DFMEAs, FTAs, ISO 26262, and Agile SCRUM methodologies
- FEV North America, Inc offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Test Systems division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment; energy technology and conventional, electric and alternative vehicle drive systems. We are also a major supplier of advanced testing and instrumentation products and services for some of the world's largest powertrain OEMs. FEV is focused on meeting our customers' requirements for rapid development schedules, high quality standards and reduced costs. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 6,000 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV, Inc. employs approximately 450 personnel at FEV's North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com
Ref No.: 18-00169
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan