Cosma International Systems Lead Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The Systems Lead is responsible for leading a cross-functional development team to successfully develop automotive electronic achieving project and company mandated targets. As required by the project, the Systems Lead shall act as the key customer interface for all technical/engineering topics.
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively leading the product or core development teams on an assigned projects.
- Review, track, communicate and approve product plans and status on a regular basis. Communicate development status to management using dashboards, charts and reports as appropriate.
- Work with managers and senior managers to identify and resolve issues quickly within the team project organization. Manage escalation paths appropriately. Escalate where necessary for communication of issues, requests for assistance, and unexpected situations.
- Manage engineering risks. Report status, prepare contingency and mitigation plans and execute corrective actions. Manage escalation paths appropriately. Escalate where necessary for communication of issues, requests for assistance (resource, organizational, or technical) and unexpected situations.
- Owns the overall integrated product design. Responsible for ensuring that the design meets the customer/project requirements.
- Review and approve engineering work products.
- Develop effort estimates and engineering timing plans per internal and external milestones, expected work products, and product deliveries.
- Supports and ensures timely and effective negotiation of customer requirements, change requests including unwritten requirements.
- Attend customer project (PDT) meetings as necessary
- Leads the activities to ensure engineering (GPEP) work products and any other relevant deliverables are released per project’s configuration management and timing plans, and are in compliance with product development process and customer expectations.
- Drives the discovery and development of necessary Engineering Development (ED) activities.
- Responsible to evaluates and determines DV and PV readiness.
- Monitors and if required creates issues and defects, leads problem solving activities and presents findings (8Ds) to customers and ensures timely resolution of each.
- Responsible to actively pursue cost savings ideas
- Drive Value Engineering (VE) activities prior to DV design freeze. Participate in Value Analysis (VA) activities in an effort to drive costs out of products as necessary after SOP.
- Support customer presentations and act as the primary technical interface to customers on technical topics.
- Lead and prioritize day-to-day activities of the technical project team.
- Facilitate Level 2 Reviews - Program Level Reviews (PLR)
- Approve Level 3 Reviews - Cross Functional Reviews (CFR)
- Ensures engineering targets (quality, delivery timing, performance, product BOM Costs, etc.) for product deliverables are met on-time.
- Supports engineering quote response for new projects
- Manages change: Responsible for the consolidation of engineering estimates, cost and timing impacts and negotiates technical requirements with customer.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (EE, SW, CS, ME) - Master’s degree a plus
Project management training is required
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular