Continental Corporation Test Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Auburn Hills, MI
• Reliability Test and Design Support.
• Assist the design teams with Reliability test and measurements during all stages of the design cycle.
• Provide knowledge, to the design teams, for the development of interface test equipment and ease of testing.
• Perform tests and maintain records of all the compliance testing during DV and PV.
• Build a library of lessons learned, to share the information and prevent reoccurrence.
• Develop an understanding of product design and assist the project teams with leadership and flexibility throughout the design cycle.
• Assist product development teams in testing and designing their products to comply with all customer and Continental Reliability (REL) requirements.
• Maintain and develop skills necessary to improve test efficiency and accuracy.
• Maintain a favorable customer status with outside test services and assist with the test and measurement at those facilities.
• REL Quality Assurance.
• Develop and maintain performance history program for all sub disciplines.
• Administration of lab maintenance plan.
• Assist in the procurement and assembly of test equipment for the Auburn Hills REL test facility.
• Develop test automation capability and keep cognizant of new and improved methods.
• Responsible for the professionalism and courtesy in the test lab when supporting the needs of testing for the product teams.
• Responsible for timely, accurate and precise reporting of the data to the design teams.
• Communicate and interface with other associates and REL experts while sharing information and experiences.
• External Activities and Skill Enhancements.
• Actively pursue a membership with good standing in test engineering and stay current with their findings.
• Perform selfevaluations of skills and keep current with technology by taking classes in REL Test and Design.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Automotive Internship experience
• Master's Degree
• 2+years of Test Engineering experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Automotive Divisions Central Functions
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.