Continental Virtual Development Engineer - OE Tire in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Virtual Development Engineer - OE Tire
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Virtual Development Engineer – Original Equipment (OE) Tire to join our Research and Development OE team at our Auburn Hills, MI location! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Support internal OE Product Development Engineers regarding integration of virtual development into OEM specific target approval processes. Evaluation of virtual loops with OE product development Engineers (incl./excl. physical build)
• Target Approval process relevant tire performance prediction by FEM or other tools and interpretation of results
• Ensure further development of FEM simulation procedures and analyses (including initiation and validation) for tire performances in co-operation with other involved departments
• Present Continental virtual tire development capability and results internally and to external OEM customers
• Provide virtual development related communication with OEM customers, identification of OEM customers virtual development requirements and initiation of required development of virtual tire performance predictions to support OEM business in cooperation with the Global Headquarter
• Coach and train tire development engineers regarding simulation of tire performance and interpretation of results
• Consult OE Product Development Engineers with respect to tire mechanics know-how for product development and optimization
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Engineering related degree with simulation background
• 5 years of related engineering experience
• Good numerical programing skills
• Experience with FEM
• Project management skills
• Competency of work in an intercultural environment
• Self-motivated and self-reliant team player who enjoys working in innovative performance and target oriented groups
• We will only sponsor internal Continental employees for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• 7-10 years of related engineering experience
• Master’s Degree
• Experience in MatLab, Python, LINUX
• Experience in Product Development Process
• Knowledge of tire mechanics
• Relocation is only offered for domestic candidates. Only in the case of international internal Continental employees applying to the position, relocation would be possible
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs