G-TECH Services, Inc. Weld & Dispense Engineer - Intermediate in Auburn Hills, Michigan
As a Weld Dispensing Engineer - Intermediate for the OEM Manufacturing Engineering Body in White group, responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Ensuring that line integrators and dispense equipment suppliers are delivering a product that meets the company’s dispensing equipment specs within the NAFTA region.
• Participate in throughput analysis and processes.
• Work closely with Product Engineering, Material Suppliers, Equipment Suppliers, Equipment Integrators, etc.
• Enable team to meet vehicle time-line deliverables on time with quality.
• Manage tracking documents to meet program timing requirements
• Support problem resolution between Product Eng, Manufacturing Eng, and Plant Manufacturing Operations
• Ensure product conformance to design
• On-site support during execution and launch phases of the program
• Provide feedback to ME Body In White Management on Dispense system
• Support in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor Dispense equipment
• Coordinate business process and re-engineering projects
• Report-out ,as needed, on status of systems at operating unit(s)
• Optimize operating unit(s) on Dispense system to improve productivity, cost and quality
• Work with other engineers, skilled trades and managers to accomplish cross-functional projects, provide project cost and timing estimates, and support plant product program launches
• Deep understanding of all body shop Dispense technologies and applications
• Implement common Dispense and inspection systems
• Develop and support common Dispense Technology standards
• Provide technical direction to suppliers and internal plant teams.
• Conduct Dispense equipment buyoffs.
Bachelor degree in a technical/engineering discipline and 2 years’ of Dispensing related experience or min of 5 years’ Dispensing related experience
• Body shop launch and plant experience
• Knowledge of Safe Operating Procedures within an manufacturing environment
• Exceptional cross-functional communication skills of complex issues to enable world class execution of vehicle designs and manufacturing processes
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organization skills
• Intermediate skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated people leader skills.
• Project management skills
• Ability to manage a multitude of assignments with high levels of composure and effective implementation.
• Thorough understanding of body shop processes.
• High level of analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to create & execute a well-organized validation project where standardized work is not available.
• Knowledge of adhesive and sealer procedures, weld/dispense documentation and build shop support
• Knowledge of Tooling and Equipment Troubleshooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems used in Dispense systems
• 2+ years in the dispensing industry (Automotive experience a plus)
• Have technical dispensing background ( Such as Application Engineering, Sales, Service engineering or Lab Experience)
Will be required to drive a company vehicle.
Valid drivers license is required, along with a clean driving record.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity.
At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience.
At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.
# of Openings 1
Recruiter Bridget Wilkie
Category Engineering Support
Recruiter Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location US-MI-Auburn Hills