Continental Electronics Test Design Engineer in Auburn Hills South, Michigan
Electronics Test Design Engineer
Auburn Hills South, MI
Product Line Electronics in Auburn Hills is seeking a candidate for a Test Design Engineering position. This individual will be joining the Test Design team, responsible for supporting powertrain electronic applications in development and production.
• Create Test specifications/tools for customer project: Functional test specification, Programming and reprogramming specification.
• Conduct test coverage analysis
• Define the test strategy and test concept for the product
• Ability to work in a structured rapid paced team environment.
• Interface with manufacturing test teams, software and hardware development teams to obtain requirements, write specification, define test concept and provide feedback
• Strong problem solving ability.
• A working understanding of hardware, software and their integration.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
• Bachelor degree in suitable engineering field
• Minimum 2 years of Electrical/Hardware Engineering and/or Test Engineer experience
• Strong knowledge of DC and AC electronics, discrete filters, AD/DA circuitry, Digital Controllers, Voltage Regulators, Power Management circuits, ESD, EMI and low Frequency circuitry.
• Very good knowledge of Electrical test bench equipment, Oscilloscope, DMM, Power Analyzer, Frequency Counter.
• Understanding of C, Matlab/Simulink, Labwindows, Labview
• Experience with configuration/requirements management tools
• Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Flexray, OBD)
• Familiarity with calibration tools (Vector CANape, CANalyzer, ETAS Inca, ATI Vision),
• Familiarity with manufacturing test equipment (AOI, Functional Test equipment, End of Line Programming, etc.)
• Ability to analyze data from data logging equipment.
• Experience working with electronic design schematics
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Vitesco offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Vitesco complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Vitesco has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Vitesco provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to VTANSM_Careers@continental.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs