Cosma International Manufacturing Engineer in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Lead for CCMi Equipment
- Support production to meet attainment goals
- Support maintenance with troubleshooting machine issues
- Lead cycle time improvement projects
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Troubleshoot quality issues
- Prepare and update equipment Statement of Requirement (SORs) and technical comparisons
- Collaborate with SMEs to develop SORs
- Maintain list of equipment suppliers.
- Identify new suppliers and verify capabilities
- Summarize equipment and installation costs for quoting new business
- Standardize components to minimize spare parts inventory costs
- Assist with CapEx based on equipment timing and budget
- Manage facility modifications and utility requirements for incoming equipment.
- Collaborate with facility department
- Lead the CapEx based on purchasing of equipment and facilitate timing and budget
- Lead Machine FMEA for major equipment
Employ Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Develop and utilize standardize work methods and instructions
- Determine and support equipment layout to optimize product flow and minimize unnecessary movement.
- Implement and utilize Lean Manufacturing methods and efficient product flow.
- Develop packaging solutions for WIP and Finished Goods.
Ensure high Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of major equipment.
- Develop initial equipment PM plan and spare parts list.
- Lead Machine FMEA for major equipment.
- Address equipment downtime using MTBF and MTTR metrics.
Manage equipment suppliers, build, installation and acceptance
- Maintain and support equipment project timelines. Manage on-time delivery.
- Manage and support equipment drawing review and approval process with supplier.
- Review equipment drawings with SMEs and approve/reject based on review.
- Provide timely review and feedback to supplier.
- Perform, support and document equipment run-off at suppliers prior to shipment.
- Perform, support and document equipment run-off on-site at CCMi Final Acceptance Complete (FAC).
Oversee equipment installation process
- Work with supplier, rigging crew and CCMi staff to ensure on-time installation.
- Maintain list of open items for installation process.
- Review SOR, Open Issues List and Run-off requirements for FAC.
- Identifies and resolves potential program issues and/ or problems
- Knows and understands process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to the program and/or equipment
- Prepares and presents material for program reviews
- Leads and coordinates with Department Leaders in preparation of RFQs and proposals, statement of work and specifications and execution of contract requirements
- Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs
- Understands, promotes and practice Magna’s philosophies and Employee Charter
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
- Five (5) years related experience in the die castings/automotive manufacturing industry
- Minimum five years’ work related experience in automotive environment utilizing lean tools
- Two (2) years project management experience preferred
- Strong organizational and Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skillsExcellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment
- Fundamental computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (including MS Project)
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and manage projects
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular