Honeywell Sr Supplier Quality Engineer in Boyne City, Michigan
Work directly with suppliers to satisfy Honeywell's quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of components. You will interact with all levels of supplier management. As Honeywell's point of contact within the supply base, you will support transition and supplier development activities within your assigned geographical area. In support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities.
• Lead activities within the Commodity Management Team (CMT) to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for the assigned commodity areas.
• Lead the issue resolution and root-cause analysis processes associated with supplier quality issues.
• Lead PPAP qualification activities associated with new parts as part of NPD projects, and re-qualify parts as part of supplier transition projects
• Utilize standard Honeywell processes to audit and approve new suppliers associated with the assigned commodity areas
• Expand commodity knowledge to maintain expertise and be a local expert for Sourcing, Engineering, and Marketing teams
• Be an expert on Supplier Quality Tools - Lead / Assist with roll out, training and implementation of Supplier Quality tools for suppliers
• Lead / Support efforts to fully realize cost savings opportunities
• Liaison effectively with Commodity Managers, other Supplier Quality Engineers, Program Managers, Quality Engineers, and Production Engineers to identify and fully satisfy requirements for quality engineering activities at North American/Global factories
• Will include travel - domestic and/or international
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5 years work experience and strong knowledge related to the manufacturing, design, and good experience on Mechanical Commodities and Electronics Commodities like Fasteners/hardware, springs, machining, stampings, die-castings, PCB/PCBA, cable, wire harness….
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired. Black Belt / Lean Expert certification preferred.
• Bilingual - English is required.
• Experience with ISO and AS standards and supplier quality auditing
• • Strong background in Statistical Process Control, capability analysis (Cp, Cpk)
• Professional certification (CQE and CQA preferred) or willingness to obtain
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
• Fluent using basic quality tools.
• Understanding of precision metrology techniques
• Project Management - will be expected to identify and implement projects with a high impact to the business. As such, should possess proven track record of successful leadership of high impact projects.
• Demonstrated capability in identifying Best Practices and leadership in successfully implementing these
• Exposure to Value Engineering, Lean Systems thinker, Change agent
• Must be willing to work in a results based, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
• Communication and Interpersonal - crisp verbal skills for velocity plus effective listening skills; effective facilitation skills and demonstrates high energy
• Execution - persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills
Measures of success
• Defective Parts Per Million (PPM) for suppliers in the region.
• Savings achieved through supplier transitions and/or Lean Manufacturing and Value Engineering at suppliers
• Supplier lead time reduction and ability to implement value-added supplier processes such as Consignment, Stocking Programs, and Kan-ban
• Supplier delivery performance as measured by on-time-to-request (OTTR).
• Overall supplier scorecard improvement annually
YOU MUST HAVE
3-5 years of experience as a Super Quality Engineer.
Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
Large project management experience
Current ASQ CQA or CQE certification is highly desirable, as is an RAB auditor accreditation
Experience using Six Sigma techniques and Green belt certification
Comprehensive knowledge of advanced Quality engineering practices
Recognized authority in area of expertise and or products with wide versatility of experience and capability
Significant experience with quality assurance processes
High level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively
Strong experience auditing suppliers
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs