G-TECH Services, Inc. Instrument Engineer - Powertrain in Chelsea, Michigan
The Instrument Engineer provides technical leadership in the repair, upgrade and calibration of dynamometer test systems, instrumentation and controls to support test equipment. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Direct others in the field repair of test equipment, to maximize facility run time and assist technicians in their troubleshooting efforts.
Prioritize, direct, and provide assistance with bench repairs to
meet field demand, coordinate outsourced repair parts, and manage service part
Perform work force management and provide customer interface.
Analyze department service metrics and develop process
refinements to improve service.
Establish calibration and metrology best practices to achieve
efficiency and accuracy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
• 2+ years’ experience in AC & DC dynamometers, test cell instrumentation, test/control/PLC system development or support, or equipment calibration.
• Electronics troubleshooting, electronic test and/or test system design, customer service background, failure mode analysis, and root cause analysis on powertrain test cell systems.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple jobs and projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of management and union represented employees.
• Self-motivated with good communication skills
• Master of Science degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• 5+ years of experience with AC & DC motor/drive systems, control systems, computers, PLC, data acquisition systems, electronic components.
• 5+ years of advanced emission measurement support including analyzers used to measure gas and diesel emissions and particulate measurement equipment and calibration of emission analyzers.
• 5+ years of engine test support with an emphasis on test cell instrumentation & facility systems.
• 2+ years’ experience analyzing and defining equipment upgrades.
• 2+ years’ experience with the installation of new and modified test cells, particularly those installations involving new dynamometers and their controls.
• Will be required to drive a company car.
• A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -122020-115047