G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Transmission Calibration Engineer in Chelsea, Michigan
The Transmission Calibration Engineer will be responsible playing an integral part for developing the customer driving experience as well as optimizing fuel economy. Key activities include developing and releasing transmission calibrations (shift schedules) for automatic transmission applications, performing hands-on in-vehicle calibration development work, supporting test trips to verify proper transmission operation across operating conditions and other assigned powertrain development activities. This position will work with in-vehicle test instrumentation, ETAS-INCA calibration tools and mathematical analysis tools such as Matlab to meet objectives. 3-5 years of experience.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited University.
· 3-5 years of experience in emission systems calibration development.
· Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Master of Science in Computer Science preferred from an ABET accredited university Hardware In the Loop development/verification Database management.
· Manager strongly prefers candidates with: Matlab, Simulink, Data Acquisition, Excel.
· Needs to have a true engineering degree (no engineering technology degrees).
· Feel free to underline / bold any experience specifically with hands on, getting dirty engine repair.
· Engine lines the candidates will work on will be mostly gasoline; not much diesel.
· Individual would need to travel up to 20%, including some international travel to Canada / Italy.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -122020-115043