G-TECH Services, Inc. Torque Security Calibration Engineer in Chelsea, Michigan
The Torque Security Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing, testing, and validating vehicle-based calibrations that achieve world-class torque security calibrations for both spark ignited engines and electrical powertrain systems. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Plan, generate, and verify feature calibrations in hot climate, cold climate, and high altitude in accordance with powertrain system functional objectives along with generating reports to communicate the status of the program to the larger team.
Manipulate and utilize large and complex sets of engine mapping
data to analyze and solve complex system problems as they relate to functional
safety, engine performance, fuel consumption, emissions, OBD, and base engine
Work cross functionally with engine development, powertrain
controls and vehicle teams to identify and implement calibration solutions that
achieve program requirements.
· The candidate should expect to travel 4-6 weeks throughout the year for system validation/verification.
· BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a BS in Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited University.
· 2 years of experience in diagnostic systems calibration development is required.
· MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a MS in Computer Science preferred from an ABET accredited University.
· Hardware In the Loop development/verification.
· Database management.
· Experience with Torque Security Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -122020-115044