G-TECH Services, Inc. Vehicle Dynamics Engineer in Chelsea, Michigan
· Primary responsibility is to perform ride, handling, and steering development of vehicles.
· Working with a Lead Engineer, tires, steering, and suspension
components will be specified to meet program performance targets, using a
combination of simulation, objective testing, and subjective methods.
· Subjective evaluation of ride, steering, and handling
performance, as well as objective measurement of certain attributes will be
· Responsibilities include coordination of prototype vehicles,
parts, and union mechanic activities, execution and documentation of
development activities, and presentation of results.
· Handling testing can be physically demanding.
· Significant amount of travel is required during winter months.
· BS Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university, Mechanical preferred.
· High performance driving experience and proficiency.
· Vehicle ride and handling subjective evaluation experience.
· Strong understanding of automotive steering and suspension components and function.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Ability to lead when required, proven team building skills.
· Organized, self-motivated, work as required to support projects.
· Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Significant amount of travel, 2-3 weeks at a time during winter months.
· Previous experience in automotive ride and handling development.
· Data acquisition and data processing skills.
· Strong understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -022021-115350