Chase Plastics Technical Service/Application Development Engineer - Los Angeles in Clarkston, Michigan
At Chase Plastics, we’re real people providing real solutions. As one of the Top 10 plastics distributors in the U.S., we strive every day to provide outrageous customer service to our valued customers throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Our customers are shaping the world by making life-changing - and in many cases, life-saving - products in the medical, automotive, aerospace and industrial markets (among many others). We help them take their products from resin to reality by providing more than 18,000 specialty, engineering and commodity thermoplastics from some of the world’s leading suppliers and getting the right product(s) to them, when and where they need it.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Application Development and Technical Support to customers (internal and external) as first-line technical resource as directed by the Regional Sales Managers and New Business Development Manager. Assist small to medium size OEM’s and their Tier’s in developing new applications while specifying the thermoplastic raw material in our portfolio. Support key processors by making routine engineering calls to key customers as directed by the Sales Managers. Devote your full time to the business and affairs of Chase Plastic Services, Inc., and use your best efforts to perform faithfully and efficiently the responsibilities assigned to you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While in this position, you will be required to:
- Provide plastics process troubleshooting support, both on the floor at various customer locations and over the phone
- Provide material recommendations, application development, supplier technical interface and design assistance as required
- Provide assistance to the Clarkston MI based TSE in coordinating technical interface with contract compounders, setting specifications as necessary
- Assist the Clarkston MI based TSE in providing competitive materials analysis and physical testing projects with suppliers and outside labs as judged good business by Sales
- Participate in joint technical sales calls and assist in providing support of field sales needs (competitive offsets, specification analysis, etc.)
- _ Support the Quality Performance Analysis Team when needed for customer complaints/suspect quality issues related to material issues in your territory and other territories as needed_
- Identify and contact OEM’s and their respective Tier’s in target market segments. Maintain a project status list and/or work with the Sales database to track project status and measure close ratios
- Work with Chase Plastics Sales, TSE’s, ADE’s , Chase Plastics Suppliers/Customers and other personnel to get products approved for use in OEM products and applications sold through CPS sales channels
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, product literature and other sales tools
- Strive to achieve your annual performance objectives
- Support field based Sellers in your territory as directed by the Sales Managers
- Attend Market related trade shows as directed by the New Business Development Manager
- Ability to travel throughout USA to specific customers and/or suppliers as needed to provide technical support.
- Adhere to the Company Core Values
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE / TRAINING / SKILL and/or ABILITY
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently to meet the needs of the business. The following requirements are representative of minimum levels of the knowledge, training, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A Bachelors of Science Degree (technical degree preferred), and/or equivalent combination of education and prior work with one to two years of processing experience in a material supplier or injection molder environment is required. Requires strong analytical skills. An intermediate knowledge of Windows-based operating system including all Microsoft Office Desktop Applications. Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, high sense of urgency and follow up and the ability to perform your responsibilities in a self-directed manner are essential. Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to develop then present formal customer and supplier presentations. Demonstrates a strong commitment to the company core values, acts as a company advocate and a role model to others. Mastery of CPS product offering, competitive materials and preferred materials for a particular industry or application.
Chase Plastics is proud to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the industry by Plastics News (2018 and 2016 respectively) as voted by our employees. Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages and bonus program
- Generous healthcare benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) match program
- Paid time off, holidays and paid volunteer day
- ½ paid gym memberships
- Training program to support new hires
- Ongoing professional and leadership development opportunities
- Fresh fruit and infused water provided daily at no cost to employees
- Work hard, play hard company mentality
- Fun employee engagement activities such as cornhole tournaments, family picnics, Tiger ticket giveaways, Halloween Wars, jeans Fridays, etc.
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Full Benefits