Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer - Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering in Dearborn, Michigan
Manufacturing Engineer - Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
Job Description & Qualifications:
Manufacturing Engineer – Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
Make the most of your manufacturing engineering expertise and tireless commitment to quality as you ensure the delivery of consistently best-in-class manufacturing processes. Specifically, you will provide manufacturing engineering leadership throughout a new model development program – from initial concept through final assembly. This will involve the application of lean manufacturing principles to ensure the highest quality, most efficient processes and products possible. You will:
• Help develop tooling and facilities based on product and processes
• Lead virtual manufacturing assembly builds
• Drive resolution of manufacturing issues
• Support design and release activities
• Develop formal assembly process instructions
• Enter process sheets into VPS system
• Lead assembly tooling specification purchase, installation, start-up, and commissioning
• Track all open tooling and process issues and drive to closure
• Meet all exit criteria deliverables (e.g., cycle time, throughput, work station readiness, etc.)
• Prepare management presentations
• Drive quality, cost and labor improvements
• Support new model launches – will require travel, extensive standing and walking in a plant environment
• Deliver dimensionally in-spec parts
• Apply understanding of component data and system impact
• Deliver cycle line layouts
• Work with assembly plants to have a complete operator/equipment workstation ready for launch
The minimum requirements we seek:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology
• One or more years of Microsoft Office experience to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Our preferred requirements:
• Experience with welded assemblies such as frames, cradles, or other metal assemblies
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company Jobs