Ghafari Sr. Project Engineer - Mechanical (Paint / Process Systems) in Dearborn, Michigan
Design of paint systems, bulk tank storage systems, fluid fill/dispense equipment, and specialized ventilation systems for automotive and manufacturing environments. Prepare conceptual design layouts, perform engineering calculations and specify equipment for process systems.
• Understand mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for which systems will be designed. Mechanical systems include paint and coating application process, fluid handling and fill equipment, waste treatment processes and equipment, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
• Understand and be familiar with all applicable governmental (i.e., OSHA, NFPA) Safety Codes & Standards.
• Understand and be familiar with client safety Codes & Standards, and Insurance Carrier requirements.
• Work with clients to develop scope requirements, proposal, timeline, and estimate development.
• Develop budgetary estimates for purchased equipment and installation costs for client’s use.
• Coordinate with other disciplines including electrical/controls, structural, civil, etc. to develop a complete engineered package.
• Prepare equipment installation packages common to General Assembly processes including Wheel Alignment and Dynamic Vehicle Testing (DVT) equipment. Coordinate with vendors of this equipment.
• Maintain project records as well as daily personal records of communications and directions given and received.
• Understand contract documents and project records.
• Participate with project team and client to prepare or edit customer specifications and project scope of work.
• Prepare bid package including system scope of work/system description, overall plan and area views, process flow diagrams, sequence of operations as well as detailed fabrication drawings and specifications for a complete system.
• Prepare documents for specifying requirements for purchased equipment and devices used in system design and operations. These will include individual pieces of equipment or complete systems.
• Provide design calculations for ventilation systems, fans, air make up units and associated duct work with regards to static losses, downdraft requirements, and systems effects losses.
• Perform all fluid and hydraulic calculations with regard to pipe losses, head pressures, friction losses, associated with process systems and piping. Perform pump selection and sizing calculations as well as valve sizing and selection.
• Review and approve contractor submittals, including engineering calculations, equipment cut sheets, material selections, sequence of operations, etc.
• Review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
• Travel to client’s sites to perform field site visits to inspect existing equipment, systems and facilities.
• Track project progress and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
• Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success, including site support during installation phase.
• Be cognizant of installation concepts and practices to ensure designs may be fabricated and installed with ease.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited school is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of related work experience is required.
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD. Revit proficiency is a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Working knowledge of process system engineering and design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
o Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
o Ability to travel to other locations and client sites.
o Ability to be on a plant floor for extended hours during client visits
o Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
o Ability to climb ladders and stairs in a plant setting on occasional basis.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1469
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn
- Ghafari Jobs