Continental Corporation Test Engineer - Power Electronics in Dearborn, Michigan
Test Engineer - Power Electronics
• Lead testing and evaluation of customer return parts for all electronic, electro-mechanical, and electrical products.
• Manage teardown, assembly, component, functional and system testing & document results on complex circuits & Electro-mechanical devices.
• Develop benchmark metrics and perform assessment of company's and competitors' product
• Ability of working in high voltage and high current environment.
• Work with project specific documentation, such as, work instructions, test specifications, drawings, test (software) programs, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
• Support the production engineer in the development 8D problem solving process.
• Facilitate the failure analysis process by providing detailed information surrounding failures in test articles.
• Responsible for solving urgent and complex problems and evaluating alternatives.
• Technical interaction with customer.
• Support of Develop & Validate Repair Strategies.
• Develop teardown procedures for components and assemblies.
• Work with 3rd party to develop test equipment.
• Handle data analysis & reporting.
• Ensure operation safety and provide clear communication with test technician.
• Maintain and keep good record of equipment calibration and maintenance schedule status.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related engineering discipline
• Minimum of 2+ years of full-time test engineering experience
• At least 1+ year in testing electro-mechanical or power electronics products & components (Dyno testing, torque, speed, circuitry, soldering)
• Minimum of 1+ years of experience with teardown, assembly, component, functional and system testing & document results on complex circuits & Electro-mechanical devices
• Master’s degree in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years of high voltage automotive test engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience with teardown, assembly, component, functional and system testing & document results on complex circuits & Electro-mechanical devices
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Powertrain division develops and produces efficient system solutions for vehicle powertrains to optimize fuel consumption. The comprehensive range of products includes gasoline and diesel injection systems, engine management and transmission control, including sensors and actuators, exhaust-gas after -treatment technologies, fuel supply systems, and components and systems for hybrid and electric drives. Powertrain employs more than 40,490 people worldwide and, in 2017, recorded sales of about €7.7 billion.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.