Ford Motor Company Weld Engineer - Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering in Dearborn, Michigan
Weld Engineer - Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
Job Description & Qualifications:
Weld Engineer – Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
When it comes to our best-in-class welding operations, your expertise is what will literally hold things together. That’s because we’re relying on you to lead the joining activities for a variety of assigned new model launches. You will:
• Assess joining feasibility through Global Product Development System milestones
• Help resolve Global Manufacturing Requirement (GMR) open issues
• Ensure up-front enablers are provided on launch for control plan execution
• Approve Mig welding and resistance welding gun designs
• Assist plants with developing robust joining quality control plans
• Launch joining tooling and new technologies with >99% effectiveness
• Document joining-related lessons learned
• Work with Tier II joining suppliers to achieve quality and cost improvements
• Develop/update joining-related requirements
• Provide technical expertise for plant and supplier quality issues
• Author and update Vehicle Operations Structures Standards for our joining processes
The minimum requirements we seek:
• Bachelor’s degree in welding engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering, or a related field
• Five or more years of experience of industry standards for welding and joining
• Two or more years of experience with automotive body and frame construction launches
Our preferred requirements:
• Previous experience within a high-volume production facility
• Knowledge of gas metal arc welding, resistance welding, resistance projection welding of fasteners, adhesive bonding, and mechanical fastening
• Background developing and implementing weld control plans
• Expertise with quality weld inspection (e.g., visual inspection, bend testing, cut and etch inspection) and measurement systems
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional leadership experience
• Experience with automotive body and frame construction using gas metal arc welding/joining
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company Jobs