Aerotek Designer Specialist in Detroit, Michigan
XD Prototyping Technician (Contract) The Autonomous Vehicle Experience Design Prototyping Team is growing and looking for members to support prototyping efforts, including the physical and digital needs of our moving people and moving goods customers. We are looking for individuals that can help to bring digital Design concepts to physical tangible prototypes. We are committed to envisioning and creating simple, thoughtful, enjoyable, and compelling product and service experiences that continually encourage our teams and customers!
Responsibilities include: * Experience with SLA and SLS required. * Fabricate custom parts using various processes: Machine shop fabrication, CNC mill operation, 3D printing, Laser cutting, Electronics soldering. * Build assemblies ranging from large steel structures to small prototypes * Integrate vehicle changes in field * Provide design feedback to the engineering team * Conducting in-lab system tests * Managing in-house prototyping lab: Machine maintenance, Shop organization * Coordinating with outside vendors * Aid in the selection of materials for the products. * Able to interpret engineering drawings Minimum Qualifications: * Bachelors in Automotive Technology or Automotive Technical Training from a vocational school or equivalent in experience * Proficiency with one or more of the following processes: Machine shop fabrication, Soldering, CNC, 3D printing, laser cutting * 3 years as an automotive technician. * 2 years working with prototype vehicles/bucks * Able to lift 35 lbs unassisted
Preferred Qualifications: * Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus. * Possess strong written & oral communication skills * Experience working in/with large, complex organizations * Experience developing complex/distributed systems
automotive technology, prototype machining, fabrication machine shop, laser cutter
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Automotive Technology or Automotive Technical Training from a vocational school or equivalent in experience
- 3 years as an automotive technician.
- 2 years working with prototype vehicles / bucks
- Experience with SLA and SLS required.
- Fabricate custom parts using various processes: Machine shop fabrication, CNC mill operation, 3D printing, Laser cutting, Electronics soldering.
- Build assemblies ranging from large steel structures to small prototypes
- Integrate vehicle changes in field
- Provide design feedback to engineering team
- Conducting in-lab system tests
- Managing in-house prototyping lab: Machine maintenance, Shop organization
- Coordinating with outside vendors
- Aid in the selection of materials for the products.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Able to lift 35 lbs unassisted
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs