Toyota Engineer Design Chassis - Steering Engineer in Detroit/Ann Arbor, Michigan
Title: Engineer Design Chassis - Steering Engineer Location: US-MI-Detroit/Ann Arbor-Saline Other Locations:
Toyota’s Engineering Design - Chassis (EDC) Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Steering Design Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop Steering Systems and Controls for vehicles produced in North America.
The person in this role will support the EDC's objective to design and develop local chassis components that will guarantee superior performance and competitiveness.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop Steering Systems and Controls across each Truck, SUV, and Sedan platforms.
- Guide component development by suppliers.
- Plan, preparation, and analysis of vehicle/part evaluations.
- Project management including cost, mass, schedules, and reporting to management.
- Collaborate with Local and Japanese suppliers, Toyota manufacturing centers, other design groups, and TMC.
- Propose and implement NA unique technology and competitive designs.
- Model life management, field issue investigation, and countermeasure development.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in an Engineering discipline
- Automotive Design Engineering or Evaluation experience
- Experience with Engineering calculations
- Proficiency in CATIA and Engineering Drawings
What you may bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Systems Controls Engineering
- Knowledge of engineering materials (steel, aluminum, composite, resin)
- Highly motivated, with a strong interest working in a team environment
- Problem solving experience
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.