Michigan Energy Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Upper Peninsula Plumbers, Pipefitters and HVACR Technicians HVAC-R Apprentice in Escanaba, Michigan

U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR, Local 111 is accepting applications for the HVACR Apprenticeship Program. Looking for dependable, team-oriented workers who are dedicated to learn the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration trade while creating a safe work environment. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), work varying shifts, including overtime and a schedule that may include weekends and holidays. Requirements for application submission at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers: * Must be at least 17 years of age * Complete Apprenticeship Application Form (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify application) * Provide Birth Certificate or other such documentation for proof of age * Provide High School Diploma AND TRANSCRIPT or High School Equivalency (GED) Certificate AND OFFICIAL GED TEST RESULTS (Documents must provide proof of High School graduation). * Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests: * Work Keys Graphic Literacy * Work Keys Workplace Documents * Work Keys Applied Mathematics Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests at a cost of $24.00.* Applicants must be currently enrolled in a (2) year Associate’s Degree or current Certificate in HVACR from an accredited College or Technical School. (Must provide Transcripts). Must complete (2) year Associates prior to being hired.* Applicants must have a CFC Certificate to work with refrigerant. * Applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening. * Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record with no drug/alcohol related incidents in the past seven (7) years. * Provide Military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable * Provide Social Security Card