Eaton Corporation Eaton Co-Op: Applications Engineer - Galesburg, MI in Galesburg, Michigan
We make what matters work.
Eaton Corporation located in Galesburg, MI has an opening for an Application Engineering Co-op. The primary function of the Applications Engineering Co-op is to provide Application Approvals of customer vehicles while protecting Eaton from dissatisfied customers or excessive warranty expense. Position analyzes proposed OEM vehicle configuration requests to determine compatibility with Eaton transmission and clutch products. Proposes alternative vehicle configurations to improve customer satisfaction and/or reliability.
• Performing vehicle performance analysis of Heavy Duty, Medium Duty, and Hybrid vehicle specifications for Transmission and Clutch applications
• Transmission and Clutch application approvals for customer vehicles ensuring all Eaton product requirements are satisfied
• Frequent communication with OEMs, Eaton Sales/Service Representatives, and end use customers to better understand application requests
• Learn how transmissions work and how they interact with and are affected by the rest of the drivetrain components
• Assisting current engineers with test execution and data collection
• Vehicle Data analysis to create Duty Cycle information for new product development teams
• Writing test procedures, technical reports, and maintaining global application approval processes
• Database creation and maintenance
•Sophomore status or equivalent (freshmen if have had significant work experience)
• Actively enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from Kettering with the ability to start in April 2021.
• Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
• Minimum 3.0 GPA and significant hands on work experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong ability to work efficiently in a group
• Eagerness to learn
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office software especially Word and Excel
• Comfortable working with minimal supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH AUTO Automotive Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs