DK Security Control Room Operators (2nd and 3rd shifts) in Grand Rapids, Michigan
DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field as well as our support staff and and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
*HIGHLIGHT: * Primary duties include documenting and following up to incident calls, alarm notifications, and reviewing/monitoring CCTV footage.
*LOCATION: *Grand Rapids, MI
*TITLE: *Control Room Operator
- *Rate of Pay: *$14.00/HR
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave.
2nd shift (4 PM - Midnight) Sunday - Saturday
3rd Shift (Midnight to 8 AM) Sunday - Saturday
Part-Time: 16-24+ hours per week (Many opportunities for additional hours)
SCOPE: *Control Room Operators are an integral part of DK's team! They are responsible for providing effective, 24 hour/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year, support to our client location and are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires, and natural disasters. In addition, the Control Room Operators are responsible for monitoring CCTV and the company wide alarm monitoring system, as well as providing outstanding customer service and work hand in hand with our client. *
- Must provide above excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Provide information and assistance to calling parties concerning emergency, security and general assistance needs.
- Follow procedures in dispatching personnel for emergency and non-emergency response.
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software.
- Serve as an information resource to DK employees and clients. Locate requested information through additional sources as needed.
- Monitor CCTV system using recording devices.
- Monitor, operate, test and data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire and security systems.
- Prepare reports, activity logs and files. Assist in the maintenance and distribution of reports, records and files.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must have high school diploma or GED as well as some college experience.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency procedures; ability to manage emergency situations while handling normal control center functions.
- Ability to multi-task multiple job duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with professional personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies and general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.
Position: Control Room Operators (2nd and 3rd shifts)
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Id: 3201- 07082020
# of Openings: 4