Aerotek Controls Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Corporate is Based in Grand Rapids, MI but they have customers all over the nation. They have been really busy domestically with Ford, GM, and Chrysler. The facility up front has all of the engineering cubicles. They start with the Applications Engineers who quote and land the projects, then it gets to software and mechanical where they design the physical and embedded looks and brains of the equipment. In the back is the entire assembly and test shop that is clean but there is a lot going on. It starts at the receiving dock where the large bar stock steel is brought in, cut down, and welded to blueprint specs. Then the equipment is assembled and the software and electrical teams take over to start programming and creating the brains of the equipment. Then the panel shop gets the panels built and installed to finalize the machine. The will work in the office more for training but then they are scheduled for travel to install the machine out at the customer site.
• Program PLC & HMI controls from reference with assistance.
• Program and troubleshoot control systems by working with the assembly and engineering teams.
• Ability to instruct FSEs in the operation and startup of our machinery and controls systems.
• Ensure effective communication with customers, product and project managers, and team members in defining system requirements, system operation, and schedule planning
• Provide support of new and existing equipment by providing on-site or phone support. Requires an understanding of our machines and their controls systems.
• Lead machine start-ups and coordination of installation services.
• Ability to train other Controls Engineers and Electrical Engineers.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work within a cross-functional team environment.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external customers.
• Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities.
• Uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
plc programming, plc troubleshooting, plc installation, AutoCAD electrical, hmi, allen-Bradley, allen Bradley control logix, rslogix5000
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-3-5 years of experience in PLC programming (Allen Bradley or Siemens)
-3-5 years of Control/Electrical Design (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
-robotic control experience
They will be required to travel around 40-50%. This will be to customer sites to help make sure FSE team is properly installing the equipment and make sure everything runs properly. As soon as you gain experience and learn the ropes the travel will start to reduce.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs