General Motors Sr Process Engineer - Gear Engineer 3rd Shift - MFE0005092 in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Process engineer responsible for developing manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of gears. Work is performed in a plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Offshift Production Support
- Manufacturing process definition
- Sequence of operations
- Human factors consideration
- Efficient material flow
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality gears and parts
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources for gears, gear blanks and related components
- Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology
- Work may involve providing technical direction to and coordination of less experienced process engineers
- Gear manufacturing process development and definition, and input to Bill of Process (BOP) / Bill of Engineering (BOE)
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement Global Manufacturing System principles
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Manufacturing engineering experience in gear component machining or equivalent machining experience.
- Knowledge / experience with gear designs, manufacturing and measurement processes
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Assignment location will be inGMCH LLC Grand Rapids
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor and product design manufacturability
- Manufacturing production experience
- Multiple different ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements
- Global exposure working with others from other regions to complete projects
- Plant experience
- Application of GMS and 4 walls within the site or program
- Cross-Functional assignment in another ME Center (desirable )
- Experience with hypoid bevel gears.
- Experience with special gear/manufacturing processes relating to welding, shot peen, annealing, lapping and phosphate.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in engineering preferred