Fleis & VandenBrink Traffic/Transportation Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Become a part of one of the 101 “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for.” Fleis & VandenBrink (F&V) is a highly successful, growth-oriented civil and environmental engineering/architectural firm that provides a wide range of services to municipal, industrial, institutional, commercial, and private development clients throughout Michigan and Indiana.
We are currently looking for an entry level Traffic/Transportation Engineer for our Farmington Hills or Grand Rapids, Michigan office who will best support our clients, co-workers, and Core Principles - “understand our customers and satisfy their needs, do what we say we are going to do, and Have Fun!”. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
At F&V, our goal is to recruit and retain great people and in turn provide a great employee experience. We offer a collaborative team environment, competitive salaries and benefit program, performance bonus incentives, and support for training and career development
- Assist with the preparation of various traffic and transportation projects. Including traffic impact analyses, parking studies, safety studies, signal design, signing/striping plans, work zone/maintenance of traffic and various other transportation analysis and design projects, as assigned.
- Prepare technical reports and graphics
- Perform field reviews, collect traffic and parking data
- Some local travel may be required for site visits, data collection, and meetings
- Providing technical support for meetings
Special projects as assigned. Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or related degree required.
- 0 - 2 years of related experience required.
- Pass FE Exam or ability to pass within 6 months.
- Project experience and/or coursework including traffic engineering, safety analysis, roadway design and CAD.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of Synchro/SimTraffic, AutoCAD or MicroStation, PTV Vissim, PTV Vistro, HCS7 is a plus.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
F&V offers a competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunities. Apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: F& V does not sponsor any required VISA sponsorship.