G-TECH Services, Inc. Sr. Conveyor Project Engineer in Greater Detroit, Michigan
The Conveyor Senior Project Engineer provides leadership, manages small projects, leads and participates in meetings, provides feedback to management, engineering and project team members, mentors and directs other engineers, and is responsible for conveyor system related engineering calculations, layout concepts, design development and implementation.
Essential Job Functions:
Understand basics of mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for all of the various types of conveyor systems. Also understand the basics of other mechanical systems and manufacturing processes as they relate to conveyors, including paint and coating application process & equipment, material handling and delivery equipment, line display equipment, as well as pneumatic, hydraulic applications and conveyor electrical controls.
Understand and be familiar with governmental Safety Codes & Standards.
Understand and be familiar with client Specifications and Safety Codes & Standards.
Participate in presentations, and project proposal and estimating efforts.
Maintain project records as well as daily personal records of communications and directions given and received.
Understand, generate and work with contract documents and project records.
Participate with project team and client to prepare or edit project specifications and reports.
Design system layouts and determine operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated. Perform all required calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
Specify and design system demolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existing equipment.
Design structural support steel layouts and perform related calculations.
· Design carriers and related components and may conduct or lead FEA calculations to ensure conformance to customer specifications.
· Provide detailed engineers estimates for all conveyor systems and related installation work.
· Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems implementation.
· Perform peer reviews of engineering materials to ensure deliverable quality.
· Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
· Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
· Review and approve fabrication facilities and production equipment prior to shipment to site.
· Manage technical resources, including internal and external engineering, contractors, vendors and skilled trades to complete projects in a timely manner.
· Manage system start-up, debug and testing, and provide system review and punch-listing.
· Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
· Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
· Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
· Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members.
Education / Experience:
· Associate Degree in a technical field with over 17 years of related work experience, or a Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university, with over 15 years of related work experience.
A background in Skid Conveyor Layout Expertise or Sr, Conveyor Engineer would be a good fit
· Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting), MS PowerPoint
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
Ability to drive to a different
Ability to be on a plant floor for extended hours during client visits
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
Ability to climb ladders and stairs in a plant setting on occasional basis.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
Req ID JN -092019-112587