Benson Industries, Inc. Electrical Engineering Supervisor in Holly, Michigan
Responsible for reviewing (for accuracy, functionality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness) the work of those engaged in performing engineering duties related to planning and designing HVAC and other mechanically functioning equipment. Provide direction, assign work, oversee and be responsible for output and day to day performance of the people in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, specifications and computer-generated reports.
- Review product design and ensure compliance with specifications.
- Research, design and evaluate HVAC and mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Advise engineers and other personnel to ensure proper implementation of operating procedures, resolve discrepancies, and provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate equipment or system malfunctions.
- Review research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Investigate equipment or design failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation or design, and to make corrections in the engineering department to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Review system components or direct selection of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Review performance requirements for vendors and suppliers.
- Solicit new business in the form of additional work on jobs and provide technical customer service.
- Review cost estimates, bids for engineering equipment and contract documents. Ensure accuracy of same.
- Review testing procedures and results.
- Supervise and train project engineers in all of the above duties and responsibilities.
- Have input and influence but not final authority over hiring, pay increases, performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Review and approve ongoing and completed engineering work; ensure that deadlines are met and work is completed with accuracy and high quality.
- Perform and/or supervise engineering work, analysis, studies and design, including:
- Power factor analysis and correction, install power quality meters and conduct analysis, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Troubleshooting switchgear and relay controls electrical systems.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies. Required Experience
Education :Four-year degree in electrical engineering required, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree in engineering preferred.
Experience :5-7 years’ experience designing industrial custom HVAC/R, and mechanical systems preferred.
Computer Skills:Must have solid computer skills including MS Office suite, Outlook or similar email software, Autocad and/or solid modeling software.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Our organizations do not allow discrimination in hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 608-253
Job Location: Holly, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular