Fleis & VandenBrink Water/Wastewater Operations Specialist in Jackson, Michigan
FULL-TIME, WATER/WASTEWATER OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Location: Jackson, MI
F&V Operations & Resource Management assists municipal clients providing water and wastewater utility operation services, as well as DPW operations. Working with the owner, we provide expert advice relating to collection, maintenance and asset management for public and private systems.
We are currently looking for a talented WATER / WASTEWATER OPERATIONS SPECIALIST to join our growing team in southeast Michigan.
We support our staff through training, and on-going certifications to enhance their professional development. FVOP is a growth oriented company which affords staff major opportunities for career advancement. This commitment to staff and positive company culture was recognized in 2017 with F&V Companies being awarded the 101 “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation” Award.
At FVOP, we realize that our strength and competitive advantage lies in our people. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a bonus program.
- Operate and maintain water and sewer systems (wastewater plant, pump stations, mains, valves and hydrants).
- Repair water and sewer main breaks and respond to emergencies.
- Operate backhoe, vactor truck, and various heavy equipment.
- Perform water and sewer service calls at residences and businesses.
- Prepare field reports.
- General maintenance of vehicles, work area and equipment.
Operate and maintain pump stations, well houses, valves, and grinder pumps. Qualifications:
Water / sewer experience desirable, DEQ certification a plus.
- Possession of a Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Ability to achieve a S4 Michigan Drinking Water treatment operator’s certification within one year.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is willing to pitch in. Apply today if you want to join a progressive company that offers a positive work environment and growth potential.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer