Parker Hannifin Corporation Customer Quality Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Customer Quality Engineer
MI-Kalamazoo, United States
Group: Aerospace Group N. America
Job Family: Quality
Job ID: 7486-2A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
The following are the primary functions and responsibilities for the Customer Quality Engineer: The Quality Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for Customers, monitor customer feedback to address quality related issues, lead problem solving teams to define Root cause and corrective actions for Customer Returned Goods to drive applicable systemic improvements, provide technical support and act as the voice of the customer when developing new quality policies and procedures impacting multiple departments. In addition, the Customer Quality Engineer will ensure all requirements are understood and communicated to appropriate functions, support current and new business by incorporating customer requirements into the Parker HSD Quality Management System, train and mentor less experienced team members and develop methods and to meet Parker Zero Defect Program objectives, drive execution of key elements.
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans cost estimates, and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses. May establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
- Assures the timely processing of nonconforming materials and assists in the disposition process by participating in failure analysis and corrective action investigations as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Coordinates with customers and suppliers relating to quality performance, trends and corrective action. Verifies compliance and effectiveness of the quality system by performing supplier audits and surveys. May initiate programs to improve supplier performance.
- May design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, and conduct quality assurance tests. Develops experiments by applying factorial or other techniques as appropriate for product or process.
- Participates on product development teams to review engineering releases and changes, manufacturing methods, planning, and process specifications as it relates to product quality.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Develops statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts. Analyzes data and trends by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions. Provides information and develops corrective action measures by interfacing with customers and regulatory agencies and assisting in internal and external audits. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience. American Society for Quality certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Practical knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations. Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to field. Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement principles and techniques to quality and manufacturing functions. Ability to use standard business software applications and/or specialized data analysis tools. Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact; work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, and financial reports. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to interpret a broad variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that include several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to use full discretion in selecting procedures and techniques to apply to work and determine priority and order of assignments. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf