Kelly Services Supplier Quality Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Supplier Quality Engineer – Kalamazoo, MI
Kelly Services is currently seeking Supplier Quality Engineer for one of our top clients in Kalamazoo, MI .
JOB TITLE: Supplier Quality Engineer
INDUSTRY: Medical Device
WORK LOCATION: Kalamazoo, MI
DURATION: 12 Months (Temporary / Contract)
Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system. Develops functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles. Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Designs and tests components and integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
This contractor will work with a local team in Kalamazoo reporting to a manager working in Ireland. This contractor will be responsible for at least 5 projects at a time 25-40% travel. (international possible, will need a passport) Minimum of 8 years of experience Required. (engineering background in medical device) ASQ certication preferred.
Looking for candidates with a strong Validation background. Experience with Manufacturing Transfers, PPAP, First Article Inspection, Inspection techniques, Gauging and Automated Inspection preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
• Independently determines and develops approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Uses latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
• Builds productive internal and external working relationships and may periodically provide guidance and train other team members.
• Provide engineering support for manufacturing transfers and/or new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the new product development procedures.
• Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
• Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
• May lead/support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
• Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in process review meetings.
• Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
• Complete capability studies for in process inspection and generate subsequent Inspection documentation.
• Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
• Provide training for manufacturing team members.
• Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
• Review and approval of validation documentation.
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies \t
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career\t
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center\t
Weekly pay and service bonus plans\t
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
- Kelly Services Jobs