Intertek Construction Technicians* in Lansing, Michigan
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for ICC Special Inspectors, ACI Technicians, and Construction Materials Technicians to join our Building and Construction team in Lansing, MI.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Construction Technicians will support the Building and Construction business performing Construction Materials Testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.
· Perform the layout and coring of concrete and asphalt pavements throughout Michigan.
· Activities will also include performing field density testing for roadway, pipe, building, and retaining wall backfill, as well as asphalt placement.
· Maintenance and review of field density log book.
· Provide technical support for construction services operations
Requirements – we are seeking one or more of the following certifications:
· ACI Inspectors, ICC (Soils, Concrete, Masonry, Steel) and NICET Certification is a plus.
· Must be able to obtain USDOT Card.
· Must be able to accomplish tasks under adverse weather and/or site conditions.
· Must be able to pass a background and motor vehicle check.
Individuals with less experience are welcome to apply – we offer in-house training and opportunity for advancement commensurate with performance.**
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a compensation and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans’ status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test
Auto req ID:
State or Province: