General Electric Invasive Cardiology Field Service Engineer – Denver, CO in Lansing, Michigan
The Invasive Cardiology Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment and networks while driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. This position will be located in the greater Denver, CO area with partial relocation if needed
• Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction.
• Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
• Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Managing vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
• Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• May include training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable)
• Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable)
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
• Meet One of the Following:
1) Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Management Information Systems, equivalent military education
2) Associate’s Degree with 2 years’ experience servicing computer equipment and networks
3) High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 10 years’ experience servicing electronic/computer equipment.
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing computers, computer networks, switches, routers and/or related IT systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
• Must be willing to travel via automobile, air and/or train up to 40%
• Must comply with vendor credentialing requirements
• Networking experience is preferred
• Previous experience in a customer facing role preferred
• Microsoft certifications
• Experience with SQL Server
• Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict.
• Shares Expertise: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
• Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
• Communicating: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
• Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
• Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds team spirit. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Supports and cares for others. Upholds ethics and values. Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Compiles with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Embracing Change & Demonstrating Enthusiasm: Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and meet new or changing demands of the job.
• Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Colorado, Wyoming; Denver
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.