J&J Family of Companies Product Manager, Patient Sensing in Lansing, Michigan
DePuy, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, is recruiting for a Product Manager, Patient Sensing to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy, Inc., develops and markets products under DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., DePuy Spine, Inc., Codman & Shurtleff, Inc. and DePuy Mitek. Among these are products for reconstructing damaged or diseased joints; repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries; facilitating the treatment of spinal disorders and deformity; surgical treatment of neurological and central nervous system disorders, and sports medicine devices for the treatment of soft tissue injuries. DePuy has three main locations: Warsaw IN, Raynham Ma and Leeds, UK. DePuy is one of the largest businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide.
Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Digital Platform Center of Excellence is a new Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices initiative intended to build the digital platform portfolio for the Medical Devices Sector.
The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for product strategy, design and development of sensor systems used in both remote and clinical settings to gather patient data and provide meaningful metrics for healthcare professionals, patients, and other stakeholders. These sensor systems will provide access to data and information developed specifically based on user needs, and will consider the patient experience and outcomes and/or improve efficiency across the patient continuum of care and lower cost.
The Product Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Partner with key stakeholders from J&J Medical Device operating companies and functions, as well as Information Technology, to assure that the solution fulfills the vision as defined.
Define and Execute internal / external research to support product definition as well as developing business requirements from key internal stakeholders.
Translate this information into detailed hardware and software product requirements for new product development and negotiate feature content with various organizations, including engineering team, platforms (such as R&D, Marketing, MD), and external stakeholders.
Interact with a multi-disciplinary matrixed project team in order to develop both hardware and software solutions (using the agile/scrum methodology).
For software solutions, serve as product owner within the scrum team, being responsible for the product backlog, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, with autonomy to prioritize issues based on perceived user value, metrics and release planning.
Lead backlog grooming, sprint planning and product demo sessions, inviting appropriate partners as needed. Sets, communicates and keeps team focused on sprint goals.
Provide detailed roadmap and release planning, with support and collaboration of partners across different functions.
Work with Program Manager to ensure coordinated development and deployment of hardware and software systems
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of working experience is required (Advanced graduate degrees can be counted towards overall experience).
• Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required; medical device design control experience is highly desirable.
• Experience in defining and delivering successful products in the digital health space is required.
• Experience with sensor-based products and algorithms is desired.
• Understanding of patient care, patient flow, and surgeon/hospital needs is desired.
• Experience working directly with various stakeholders/customers in a hospital system or clinical setting is desired.
• Ability to define user needs and specifications for hardware and software systems is required.
• Understanding of UX best practices and ability to guide visual design direction is desired.
• Agile/Lean Development knowledge, training or experience is desired.
• Experience with creating clear, detailed, concise user stories, acceptance criteria and artifacts to convey concepts and ideas to the cross functional agile team is required.
• Experience creating release plans and roadmaps to convey delivery plan is required.
• Strong collaboration skills are required, with experience working with cross functional teams, building consensus and influencing partners with diverse points of view.
• Experience measuring impacts of digital assets is desired.
• Big picture mindset with the ability to zoom in and out of details; can balance both technical and strategic demands is required.
• This position is located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel.
North America-United States
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
R&D Engineering (R&D)