Occidental Petroleum Maintenance/Reliability Engineer in Ludington, Michigan
Title: Maintenance/Reliability Engineer Location: United States-Michigan-Ludington Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Reliability Engineer within our Calcium Chloride Chemical Plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
The Maintenance Reliability Engineer is responsible for the overall reliability of the plant's assets, collaborating with operational and maintenance personnel in order to provide support relating to design, repair, maintenance (including predictive/Preventive maintenance activities), and is responsible for driving reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques. This role provides technical support to operations and maintenance personnel and leads or participates in root cause failure analysis. Additionally, it provides technical support for troubleshooting of problems, monitoring Preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance programs and monitors KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
• Developing and implementing preventive and predictive maintenance programs by analyzing equipment history in SAP and other information directly from operations personnel and equipment manufacturers.
• Evaluate current preventative maintenance plans and its value as aligned with the short and long term maintenance reliability strategy.
• Plan, forecast, and track maintenance intervals and ensure timely maintenance of the assets.
• Facilitate and implement root cause analysis.
• Owns and maintains Mechanical Discipline Focal Point for the site.
• Increase equipment reliability through the use of equipment monitoring data, non-destructive testing, and failure analysis on all phases of plant equipment.
• Manage maintenance capital projects from initial concept through completion including effective cost control, planning, funding authorization, status reporting and implementation.
• Manage the Plant Reliability programs in accordance with company guidelines and governmental regulations.
• Develop and maintain maintenance procedures and standards (e.g. welding, shaft alignment, lubrication, shop repair and rebuild standards, etc.). Ensure that procedures are being effectively used, suggest and implement improvements and additions to procedures as conditions warrant, and manage training and awareness efforts.
• Manage plant maintenance excellence systems (e.g. routine maintenance process, turnaround management program, and reliability programs).
• Apply reliability engineering fundamentals (i.e. weibull analysis, reliability growth analysis, etc.).
• Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in production or maintenance environment
• Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or equivalent
• Working knowledge of SAP or related CMMS software
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs
• Walking, bending, stooping is required
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator
• Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Maintenance and Reliability role in a Manufacturing Plant environment is a strong plus
• Experience in a union environment a plus
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status