Dow Chemical Process Design Engineer in Midland, Michigan
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has an exciting opportunity for a Process Design Engineer, located in Midland, MI. Corteva Agriscience is a vital and growing market-facing business within DowDuPont, with a large manufacturing base and Capital and Engineering Organization (C&E). Our production plants employ diverse unit operations, practice a wide variety of chemistries, and operate at high capacity to meet customer demand.
Corteva C&E is a large and diverse technical organization supporting Corteva plants and projects globally Corteva operates facilities in various locations in North America such as Midland and Harbor Beach, Michigan, Pittsburg, CA, Freeport, TX, and various regions such as Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe.
This business-direct Process Design Engineer serves as a technical resource for the successful implementation of large capital projects including Most Effective Technology (MET), incremental process technology improvements and solutions new to Corteva. Value is derived from improvements made to unit operations, operating conditions and process technologies while addressing EH&S compliance requirements, generally culminating in capital and expense projects.
• Apply Chemical Engineering fundamentals to solve technical problems in regards to unit operations, operating conditions and/or process technology improvements.
• Interface with Process Development Teams (R&D) to provide Chemical Process design and operation experience input.
• Utilize a Project Work Process and related work processes such as Technology Implementation for Competitive Advantage (TICA) to implement projects using the PE Work Process Discipline in order to maximize project team effectiveness and project success
• Utilize available Senior PE resources and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to leverage knowledge into process designs and solutions to technical problems.
• Work effectively and efficiently with Design Engineering, Process Automation, Manufacturing Reps, Project Managers and other stakeholders in the execution of projects.
• Develop Process Engineering outputs, such as Process Flowsheets, Material and Energy Balances, P&IDs, Equipment Specs, etc., with accuracy, completeness and high quality.
• Collaborate with Process Development (R&D) Teams to perform retro-fit and/or new process design evalutions for implementation of manufacturing strategies for new molecules.
• Develop and implement MET as a part of the build and modify process.
• As a member of Project Teams, collaborate with Detail Design, Process Automation, Project Management and other stakeholders for the efficient execution of projects.
• Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering
• 3 years of experience in Process Engineering, Manufacturing and/or Process Automation.
• Six-Sigma Green-Belt Project Leader (GBPL) certification would be advantageous.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system. At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is intended to become an independent, publicly traded company when the previously announced spinoff is complete by June 2019. The division combines the strengths of DuPont Pioneer, DuPont Crop Protection and Dow AgroSciences. Corteva Agriscience™ provides growers around the world with the most complete portfolio in the industry — including some of the most recognized brands in agriculture: Pioneer®, Encirca®, the newly launched Brevant™ Seeds, as well as award-winning Crop Protection products — while bringing new products to market through our solid pipeline of active chemistry and technologies. More information can be found at: www.corteva.com.
Follow Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Process Design Engineer